So, right after I sent out all the “I just got accepted!” things, I sent a message to the officey-types at work to find out about how to use the Tuition Program so I can get my school paid for. The response came back with two basic points:
1. I need to access this through PIONET (our agency-only website for internal job postings and many wonderful things).
2. Eligibility requires one year in the job, and full-time status.
The problems with this were (respectively):
1. I’ve never been able to get on PIONET, because none of the links I was ever given for it worked.
2. I was told that it was six-months on the job and full-time status.
So I said as much to the officey-types, and got back the response of:
1. Here’s a link to PIONET that works, and
2. You’re right, it is six months, my bad.
The link to PIONET does, in fact work. But I don’t remember what my initial uid/pw is supposed to be to get the party started, so I’ve contacted someone from the Nerdery to see if they can help with that. I’ll probably be able to get there Tuesday after I wake up and stuff.
So, now, I’m back to the place of “I get to start school more-or-less when I wanted to,” after a short period of “What the Hell do you mean ‘One year’?” All is calm, all is bright.
Of other brief update value:
1. I got my 5-year plaque at the Secret Harbor Christmas Party last night. And, once again, someone has thought my daughter was my date. I love the people I work with, but they’re damned odd sometimes.
2. Crappy morning, with a kid blowing out right across my time-to-leave, messing with the conversation I needed to have with my supervisor.
3. Slept rather solidly this morning, which was good, and the things I used to help with my sleeping seemed to work well. But I ended up getting up an hour earlier than I needed to because my watch got the button bumped that switches it between daylight and standard time (it takes not just bumping but holding it for like 20 seconds), and I didn’t realize that until I was in the car and ready to go to work.
4. Tonight’s swing was pretty good for me, but the kids’ behavior is going pretty south. You’d think it was getting close to Christmas or something.